Throughout 2014, I saw bloggers around me writing monthly replay posts and have always thought of joining the club but never got around to. Today as I am lazing at my parents’ place, with mom around to take care of me, pampering me with her food, I thought why not start the trend with a replay of this year and carry it on to the new year. Today is the last day of this year which has been a roller coaster ride with many highs for me. I thank 2014 wholeheartedly for all that it gave me,ending a lot of my troubles and starting a few afresh – but then, that’s life. 2014 ended what some very critical troubles which were started by the previous years and gave me a makeover in many aspects. This post lists the most significant ones – good, bad or ugly they may be, they all gave me something important.
[Not in any chronological order]
- I got married to the love of my life in February and if that doesn’t make my year, I don’t know what will! 😀
- I had a major role change and domain change when I switched jobs this November. There was a lot of confusion and hesitancy around the switch as people kept discouraging me from doing what I love. But after a lot of pondering and discussions with hubby, I took the leap and so far it looks like a right decision. Hope it stays that way!
- I got my Honda Activa gifted by my bro for my wedding. It’s a huge blessing and helps me get a lot of things done that I sometimes feel that I don’t appreciate it enough.
- A cute bundle of joy in the form of my nephew came along in November and we named him Pranav. 🙂 I am so happy for my bro and may god bless the family with tons of blessings. I miss the little dude so much since he is in USA and I can’t see him in person any sooner. I console myself by looking at his pics twice a day.
- I took up the responsibility of running a home as me and hubby stay alone in Bangalore. It was and is tiring but I like it. I am a huge control freak and having the responsibility of keeping things perfect and trying to improvise all the time gives me a high. [Hubby takes full advantage of it and happily lets me do all the work while he enjoys special time with his
toysgadgets 😛 :D]
- This year marked so many weddings that as 2014 ends,I can say most of the people in my circle are hitched. We are transitioning into a generation of our own while kids are calling us aunties and uncles. 😮 😐
- We lost a grandfather who was so loved and dear. He lived a great life and was the epitome of perfection. We thank him for setting a model for us, showing us how well to live life. We wish him serenity as his soul explores higher dimensions than physical existence.
- I read a lot of books this year and with Kindle Paperwhite aiding me, there’s a definite increase in my reading and I am glad.
- We booked a flat of our own which we should be moving into this year. We have put a lot into making this our little nest – a lot of decisions were made based on this, a lot of compromises and sacrifices were made for this. Hoping that life will continue to shower us with its blessings. *Fingers Crossed*
- Hubby’s health issues are toned down and I pray earnestly that the coming years should be nothing but an improvement.
That’s about it! I am so excited about starting 2015 and I am sure you all are too. So signing off my last post of the year with a warm wish to all you. Wish you all a very happy new year! May 2015 be a better year for all of us, making the world a better place, letting us carry on the legacy to the coming years.
Until later 🙂