Throughout 2014, I saw bloggers around me writing monthly replay posts and have always thought of joining the club but never got around to. Today as I am lazing at my parents’ place, with mom around to take care of me, pampering me with her food, I thought why not start the trend with a replay of this year and carry it on to the new year. Today is the last day of this year which has been a roller coaster ride with many highs for me. I thank 2014 wholeheartedly for all that it gave me,ending a lot of my troubles and starting a few afresh – but then, that’s life. 2014 ended what some very critical troubles which were started by the previous years and gave me a makeover in many aspects. This post lists the most significant ones – good, bad or ugly they may be, they all gave me something important.
[Not in any chronological order]
- I got married to the love of my life in February and if that doesn’t make my year, I don’t know what will! 😀
- I had a major role change and domain change when I switched jobs this November. There was a lot of confusion and hesitancy around the switch as people kept discouraging me from doing what I love. But after a lot of pondering and discussions with hubby, I took the leap and so far it looks like a right decision. Hope it stays that way!
- I got my Honda Activa gifted by my bro for my wedding. It’s a huge blessing and helps me get a lot of things done that I sometimes feel that I don’t appreciate it enough.
- A cute bundle of joy in the form of my nephew came along in November and we named him Pranav. 🙂 I am so happy for my bro and may god bless the family with tons of blessings. I miss the little dude so much since he is in USA and I can’t see him in person any sooner. I console myself by looking at his pics twice a day.
- I took up the responsibility of running a home as me and hubby stay alone in Bangalore. It was and is tiring but I like it. I am a huge control freak and having the responsibility of keeping things perfect and trying to improvise all the time gives me a high. [Hubby takes full advantage of it and happily lets me do all the work while he enjoys special time with his
toysgadgets 😛 :D]
- This year marked so many weddings that as 2014 ends,I can say most of the people in my circle are hitched. We are transitioning into a generation of our own while kids are calling us aunties and uncles. 😮 😐
- We lost a grandfather who was so loved and dear. He lived a great life and was the epitome of perfection. We thank him for setting a model for us, showing us how well to live life. We wish him serenity as his soul explores higher dimensions than physical existence.
- I read a lot of books this year and with Kindle Paperwhite aiding me, there’s a definite increase in my reading and I am glad.
- We booked a flat of our own which we should be moving into this year. We have put a lot into making this our little nest – a lot of decisions were made based on this, a lot of compromises and sacrifices were made for this. Hoping that life will continue to shower us with its blessings. *Fingers Crossed*
- Hubby’s health issues are toned down and I pray earnestly that the coming years should be nothing but an improvement.
That’s about it! I am so excited about starting 2015 and I am sure you all are too. So signing off my last post of the year with a warm wish to all you. Wish you all a very happy new year! May 2015 be a better year for all of us, making the world a better place, letting us carry on the legacy to the coming years.
Until later 🙂
A very happy new year! It was a pleasure to read all the wonderful and life changing things you experienced in 2014. I dearly wish that this year brings even better experiences your way and lots of love and affection.
Thanks Vi! Wish you a happy new year too. 🙂
You had a great year. I did have a thought of mentioning (I mean adding) ‘aunty’ beside your name a couple of time. Now, I guess I can. Right, aunty? 😛
I wish you a Happy New Year and hope that it is prosperous and fun filled one. Have a great year ahead. 🙂
Wait, did you switch job again?
It was a great year alright 🙂 Hello, you are also an uncle now okay? The married thing is not the main factor. The reason that makes kids call people of our age aunty/uncle is that their parents are of our age. So when people around you start having kids, the kids look at you who looks about the age of their parents and call you aunty/uncle 😛
Wish you a very prosperous and happy new year too. I switched jobs once this year in November, am not sure if you are thinking about that. 😀
I see all things new, new and new only, in your 2014 and its awesome!
Hope all things blissful and exciting this year 🙂
Thank you Visha! Wish you the same 🙂
Happy new year, K! I know I’m a bit late, but still. Congrats on the new job and all that you have accomplished and may your 2015 be simply fabulous 🙂
Happy new year Aathira! You know what they say, Better late than never 😉 Thanks a ton for your wishes.